Joseph T King Jr MD, MSCE
Associate Professor of Neurosurgery; Chief, Neurosurgery at VA Connecticut Healthcare System; Director, Neurosurgical Outcomes Research
Departments & Organizations
Measurement of processes and outcomes of care using large databases. Imputation of missing data elements. Measurement and incorporation of patient preferences into neurosurgical decision-making. Outcomes analysis of neurosurgical disease and treatment. more...
- BS, Boston College, 1983
- M.D., Yale University School of Medicine, 1988
- M.Sc., University of Pennsylvania, 1995
- King JT Jr, Perkal MF, Rosenthal RA, Gordon AJ, Crystal S, Rodriguez-Barradas MC, Butt AA, Gibert CL, Rimland D, Simberkoff MS, Justice AC. Thirty-day postoperative mortality among individuals with HIV infection receiving antiretroviral therapy and procedure-matched, uninfected comparators. JAMA Surg 2015; Published online February 25, 2015. doi:10.1001/jamasurg.2014.2257
- King JT Jr, Gordon AJ, Perkal MF, Crystal S, Rosenthal RA, Rodriguez MC, Butt AA, Gibert CL, Rimland D, Simberkoff MS, Justice AC. Disparities in rates of spine surgery for degenerative disease between HIV infected and uninfected veterans. Spine 2012; 37: 612-622.
- Dubrow R, King JT Jr, Darefsky AS. Adult glioblastoma multiforme survival in the temozolomide era: a population-based analysis of Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results registries. Cancer 2012;118:2163-2172.