Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Residents will work effectively in this complex environment of patients, families, and multiple levels of health care professionals.
- Senior residents will help guide junior level residents in the development of their presentation skills.
- They will present and receive critical information upon arrival and departure for duty hours.
- They will prepare and present regularly at major departmental teaching conferences.
- The senior resident will also lead weekly to bi-weekly clinical care review sessions with the nursing manager in the NICU and floor.
While training is provided by the institution in sexual harassment, diversity, and HIPPA, respect and humanistic interactions with patients are essential. Effective communication is critical to learning and patient safety.
- 360 evaluations
- Event reporter
- Patient questionnaires