Practice Based Learning and Improvement
- Track procedures, operations, and outcomes in a centralized database.
- Conduct frequent interactive presentations before the faculty and senior residents.
- Learn operating skills through constant attending and senior resident feedback during procedures.
- Plan research activities and write grant applications.
- Conference presentations designed to increase a resident's depth of knowledge in critical topics will be regularly assigned.
These items, along with publications, grant applications and reviews will be added to the residents' portfolios.
Residents are expected to assume an increasingly active role in the operating room and in designing patient care plans. An expanding base of knowledge is expected and the critical elements of this experience will be securely preserved for the residents.
- Conference presentations
- Portfolio updates