Practice Based Learning and Improvement
- Track procedures, operations, and outcomes in a centralized database.
- Conduct frequent interactive presentations before the faculty and senior residents.
- Learn operating skills through constant attending and senior resident feedback during procedures.
- Plan research activities and write grant applications.
- Chief residents will track their own procedures, complications and outcomes electronically.
Progress toward independent practice: Preparation for re-certification, life-long learning.
- Portfolio updates