Z. Jimmy Zhou PhD
Marvin L. Sears Professor of Ophthalmology and Visual Science and Professor of Cellular and Molecular Physiology and of Neurobiology; Vice Chairman and Director of Research, Ophthalmology and Visual Science
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Neuroscience | Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, and Physiology
Office of Student ResearchInterdepartmental Neuroscience ProgramNeurobiology | Cellular & Molecular Physiology: Physiology and Integrative Medical Biology Track; Graduate Program in Cellular and Molecular PhysiologyOphthalmology and Visual Science
physiology and development of the mammalian retina under normal and pathological conditions; organization and function of retinal synapses and circuits; mechanisms of retinal diseases more...
- BS, Fudan University, 1982
- M.Sc., University of Houston, 1984
- Ph.D., University of Houston, 1989
- Lee S*, Chen L*, Chen M*, Ye M, Seal RP, Zhou ZJ. An unconventional glutamatergic circuit in the retina formed by vGluT3 amacrine cells. Neuron, 84:708-715, 2014. *Co-first authors
- Lee S, Kim K, Zhou ZJ. Role of ACh-GABA cotransmission in detecting image motion and motion direction. Neuron, 68:1159-1172, 2010.
- Zheng J*, Lee S*, Zhou ZJ. A transient network of intrinsically bursting starburst cells underlies the generation of retinal waves. Nature Neurosci, 9(3):363-71, 2006. * Co-first authors