Tanya Z Fischer MD
Assistant Clinical Professor of Neurology
Departments & Organizations
chronic neuropathic pain; sodium channels; diabetic neuropathy; erythromelalgia
- B.S., Seton Hall University, 1994
- Ph.D., Rutgers University, 2000
- M.D., University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 2002
- 2010 Fischer T.Z. and Waxman S.G. Neuropathic pain in diabetes-evidence for a central mechanism. Nature Reviews Neurology (in press).
- 2010 Fischer T.Z. and Waxman S.G. Familial pain syndromes from mutations of the Nav1.7 sodium channel. Annals of the New York Academy of Science 1184: 196-207.
- 2010 Cheng X, Dib-Hajj S.D., Tyrrell L, Wright D.A., Fischer T.Z., Waxman S.G. Mutations at opposite ends of the DIII/S4-S5 linker of sodium channel Na V 1.7 produce distinct pain disorders. Molecular Pain 6(24): 1-12.