Rafeed Alkawadri, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Neurology; Director, Brain Mapping Program
Rafeed Alkawadri M.D. is an attending epileptologist and neurophysiologist in the Department of Neurology at Yale School of Medicine. He was appointed in 2012 after completion of 2-year fellowship training in epilepsy and clinical neurophysiology in the Epilepsy Center at Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, where he served as the chief fellow. Prior to his fellowship training, Dr. Alkawadri completed 4-year neurology residency training at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Texas. He received his medical degree from the University of Damascus in 2005.
Dr. Alkawadri is a certified neurologist by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. He is a member of the American Academy of Neurology, the American Epilepsy Society, and the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society.
Dr. Alkawadri is the principal investigator of several ongoing research projects. He has published his research in leading peer-reviewed journals in his field, and presented his work at several national meetings.
Education & Training
- University of Damascus (2005)
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Clinical Neurophysiology and Epilepsy (2010 - 2012)
- University of Texas SW Medical Center, Neurology (2007 - 2010)
- University of Texas SW Medical Center, Internal Medicine (2006 - 2007)
- Board Certification
- Neurology, Board Certified (2010)
Honors & Recognition
- Chief Fellow, Epilepsy, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio
- Neurology Resident Teaching Award
UT Southwestern (2010)
- Hal D. Unwin Neurology Resident Award for Outstanding Clinical Performance
- Victor Rivera/Leon Weisberg Award for Outstanding Research Manuscript