Asht Mangal Mishra PhD
I am interested in understanding network involved in different forms of epilepsy. Ongoing studies in my mentor's laboratory include experiments to explore network mechanisms common to seizures and other states of impaired consciousness. In particular, we are investigating the role of cortical and subcortical structures such as the somatosensory barrel cortex and thalamus in the propagation and behavioral manifestations of seizures.
Education & Training
- D.D.U. Gorakhpur University (St. Andrew's College) (1999)
- University of Lucknow (2002)
- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (2006)
- Junior Research Fellow
- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), India. (2003 - 2004)
- Senior Research Fellow
- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), India. (2005 - 2006)
- Postdoctoral Associate
- Yale University, Neurology (2006 - 2009)
Honors & Recognition
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship grant, Title: Neuroimaging biomarkers and prevention of spike-wave epileptogenesis.
- Reviewer, International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM), Berkeley, California, U.S.A.
- Reviewer, Toxicology
- Reviewer, Biochimica et Biophysica Acta- General Subjects
- Reviewer, Society for Internet in Medicine
- Reviewer, Chemico-Biological Interactions
- Reviwer, Molecular Neurobiology
- Reviwer, Experimental Biology and Medicine