Interview dates for the 2014 Match
- We have completed our interviews for the 2014 match. Dates for the 2015 match will be posted in August 2014.
After review of your application materials, we will send out invitations for interviews by email. These interviews will take place in the LCI building, 9th floor. On the scheduled date of your interview, please plan to arrive in the Atrium of the main hospital at 7:15 AM for all other days. You will be escorted to Morning Report with the current residents. Your day will consist of interviews in the morning and afternoon as well as a lunch with the current residents and a tour of the hospital and Yale campus. There is also a dinner with the current residents on the evening before each interview date. Your parking ticket will be validated if you park in the Yale Physician's Building Garage on Howard Avenue. Please bring your ticket to the interviews with you.
If you are taking the train or flying, please see the transportation schedule listed below. A shuttle service (Bio-Med Express) runs between New Haven's Union Station and the Yale medical campus. The easiest and fastest air transportation is through Tweed-New Haven Airport. Arrangements can also be made through Bradley International Airport in Hartford, or Kennedy and LaGuardia Airports in New York. Each is about an hour and a half away by car, and limo service can be obtained. Hotel arrangements can be made by calling directly, and be sure to ask for the residency applicant special rate.
For those of you also applying to Medicine internship programs, there are a number of choices available in the New Haven area. Yale-New Haven Hospital has a traditional Internal Medicine program (203 785-4123) and a Primary Care program (203 785-7249). Although the Neurology residency is independent, we collaborate with the two Yale Medicine programs to try and coordinate interview dates. Both of these internships are administered through the Yale House Staff office (i.e., paychecks and benefits will be from Yale). The Yale Medicine and Primary Care programs have their brochures on the following website: http://info.med.yale.edu/intmed/prog/. Several other hospitals in the area also offer accredited internships. Please contact us if you have questions about these options.
Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203 785-6054 with any further questions. We look forward to meeting you.
Directions, Parking, and Maps
Transportation - Railroad
There are two train statioins in New Haven. Union station is the one closest to the medical school. State street station is closest to the town green / downtown.
- Amtrak 880-USA-RAIL
Between Boston and Washington DC
- Metro-North 800-638-7646
Between New York and Union Station, New Haven
- To get from the train station to the campus, use the Bio-Med Express Shuttle Service. It operates between Union Station and the Yale-New Haven Medical Center. Stops at 333 Cedar Street is in front of Sterling Hall of Medicine.
Transportation - Bus
- Greyhound Bus Lines 800-229-9424
50 Union Avenue, New Haven (at Union Station)
Transportation - Air
- Tweed-New Haven Airport (203) 466-8833
Burr Street, New Haven
- Bradley International Airport (888) 624-1533
Windsor Locks, CT
- Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
New York, NY
- LaGuardia International Airport (LGA)
New York, NY
Transportation - Ground
- For Shuttle Service From the airports
- CT Transit
- Taxicabs are available outside the train station, or can be called at:
- Metro Taxi (203) 777-7777
- New Haven Taxi Service (203) 877-0000
- Yellow Cab (203) 777-5555
- Yale runs a bus service from the train station to the campus
Bio-Med Express Shuttle Service
Operates between Union Station (train station) and the Yale-New Haven Medical Center. Stops at 333 Cedar Street in front of Sterling Hall of Medicine.