Our clinic is a tertiary referral site for complex neuromuscular conditions. We serve as consultants to general neurologists, internists and many other specialists. Your first visit will entail a comprehensive evaluation.
What to expect at the clinic visit
- Our neuromuscular group works together as a team. This group includes Medical Assistants, Clinical Nurse Coordinators, MDA Coordinator, Resident Staff, Fellows and Attending Physicians.
- You will be asked for a detailed history of your condition.
- A neurological examination will also be completed.
- After a thorough evaluation has been performed, a plan of care is developed. We will inform you if additional testing is needed, or make recommendations regarding adjustments to current treatment regimens, or referrals to other physicians or consultants.
What to bring to your clinic visit
- Bring a copy of your medical records pertaining to your condition which should include MRI, nerve conduction studies and other testing and/or imaging available.
- Bring a current list of all medications and any allergies to medications.
- Name and address of your primary care physician and any other specialists.