Stephen George Waxman MD, PhD
Bridget Marie Flaherty Professor of Neurology and Professor of Neurobiology and of Pharmacology; Director, Center for Neuroscience and Regeneration Research
Departments & Organizations
Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Neuroscience | Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, and Physiology
Interdepartmental Neuroscience Program
Yale Medical Group
Center for Neuroscience and Regeneration Research
Axons; Electrophysiology; Genes; Ion Channels; Molecular Biology; Multiple Sclerosis; Pain Syndromes; Sodium Channels; Spinal Cord Injury; Stroke more...
- Ph.D., Albert Einstein College, 1970
- M.D., Albert Einstein College, 1972
- Waxman, S.G. (2008) Sodium Channels and neuroprotection in MS: current status., Nature Clinical Neurology, 4, 159-170
- Black, J.A., Nikolajsen, L., Kroner, K., Jensen, T.S., and Waxman, S.G., Multiple sodium channel isoforms and MAP kinases are present in painful human neuromas. Annals of Neurology, 64(6): 644-53, 2008. PMID: 19107992.
- Dib-Hajj, S.D., Cummins, T.R., Black, J.A., Waxman, S.G. From genes to pain: Nav1.7. and human pain disorders. TINS (Trends in Neurosci) 30: 555-564, 2007. PMID: 17950472