Recent Kavli Events
Goldman-Rakic Lecture & Kavli Workshop
Showing images 0-0 of 0.
- Pasko Rakic, director of the Kavli Institute for Neuroscience, introduced the 2013 Goldman-Rakic NARSAD Distinguished Lecture. The event is named after his late wife, Patricia Goldman-Rakic, an eminent Yale neuroscientist, who is pictured in the slide.
- Deisseroth gave the Goldman-Rakic NARSAD Distinguished Lecture and described the development of a chemical-engineering technique, known as CLARITY, that renders intact brain tissue transparent.
- The 2013 Goldman-Rakic NARSAD prizewinner at dinner in New Haven, at the home of Pasko Rakic, director of the Kavli Institute for Neuroscience.
- Members of the Kavli Institute for Neuroscience, along with Karl Deisseroth, 2013 Goldman-Rakic prizewinner, at dinner. They discussed President Obama's BRAIN Initiative, and how it is impacting the field of neuroscience.
- Neurobiologists Michael Crair, Gordon Shepherd and Nenad Sestan.
- Kavli Workshop presenter Vincent Pieribone, professor of cellular and molecular physiology and of neurobiology, and associate fellow at the John B. Pierce Laboratory, will be diving for bioluminescent marine species in the South Pacific this July.
- Left to right: Kavli Institute Steering Committee member Richard Lifton, chairman of the department of genetics, and Amy Arnsten, Kavli member and professor of neurobiology and of psychiatry.
- Kavli member Nenad Sestan, professor of neurobiology.
- Left to right: Kavli Institute member Anthony Koleske, professor of molecular biophysics and biochemistry and of neurobiology, and Vincent Pieribone, professor of molecular and cellular physiology and of neurobiology.
- Kavli member Daeyeol Lee, professor in the departments of neurobiology and psychology.
- The 2014 Kavli Workshop on "Multineuronal Monitoring and Manipulation" was organized by David McCormick, vice-director, Kavli Institute for Neuroscience at Yale.
- From left to right: Anthony Koleske, Vincent Pieribone and David McCormick, vice-director of the Kavli Institute. All three Yale neuroscientists presented at the 2014 Kavli Workshop on "Multineuronal Monitoring and Manipulation."