MD/PhD Summer to Advance Research Training
The general goals of the program are to:
- Provide a research rotation with a faculty member in each student’s chosen field of interest.
- Educate students about the research activities in diverse disciplines through small group tutorial sessions with the mentoring faculty.
- Provide the opportunity for students to present a brief summary of their work at the end of the program.
- Enable students to get to know some of their classmates and several Yale faculty in an informal environment.
- Provide the opportunity to experience entertainment and recreational activities in the New Haven area before the start of classes.
Eligibility: All MD/PhD students who matriculate at Yale are eligible for acceptance into this optional program.
Program period: June 13 through August 4, 2016 Stipend: NIH-base level stipend will begin with matriculation on June 13, 2016
Housing: Space is reserved in Harkness Dorm for the summer for students who choose to commit to live in Harkness for the full academic year. Alternatively, there are outstanding off-campus housing options, many of which are listed in Yale’s off-campus housing website (http://offcampus.yale.edu/). Please feel free to contact current MD students Nicholas Lee (email@example.com) or Julie Ramseier (firstname.lastname@example.org) for advice about neighborhoods and housing options.
Mentors: Students will be matched to mentors based on their preferences. Please click here for information about mentors for the MD/PhD track of the START Program.
Application: Detailed information about the program, including a list of participating faculty mentors and their research interests, and a link to the online START@Yale application, are available via the following website: http://medicine.yale.edu/education/osr/start
Contact: Please feel free to contact MD/PhD-track START Program Coordinator Dr. Peter Aronson (email@example.com) with any questions.
Important dates and deadlines:
Dates of Program: June 13-August 4, 2016
Stipend to Students for 8-Week Program: $3,896
Application Deadline: May 4, 2016
Notification of Acceptance into START@Yale and Mentor Match: May 11, 2016
Deadline to Commit to Attend START@Yale: May 27, 2016
Move-in Weekend for START@Yale Students: June 11-12, 2016
Matriculation Date for START@Yale Students: June 13, 2016
Matriculation Date for Incoming Students not in START@Yale: August 11, 2016
White Coat Ceremony for all Incoming Students: August 11, 2016