Welcome to the website of the Yale School of Medicine Dean’s Advisory Council on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Intersex Affairs.
The Dean’s Advisory Council collaborates with other groups to cultivate visible supports and a vibrant, connected community of LGBTQI+ individuals and their allies at YSM. The Advisory Council helps guide the expansion of LGBTQI+ health research, and coordinates efforts to foster an inclusive, patient-centered environment in which tailored care is available for LGBTQI+ patients. Furthermore, the Advisory Council oversees initiatives that prepare our trainees to serve all of their patients with excellence, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The mission of the Dean’s Advisory Council on LGBTQI+ Affairs is to:
- Cultivate a vibrant, connected community of LGBTQI+ individuals and their allies at the School of Medicine
- Collaborate on medical education initiatives that prepare our trainees to provide high quality care to LGBTQI+ populations
- Provide support and mentoring for LGBTQI+ trainees as they progress through their studies and interact with various populations at the School of Medicine
- Expand LGBTQI+ health research at Yale
- Foster an inclusive patient-centered environment that effectively and compassionately addresses the needs of LGBTQI+ patients