Stanley David Hudnall MD
Professor of Pathology and of Laboratory Medicine; Director, Hematopathology Program; Associate Medical Director, Precipio Diagnostics, LLC
Tumor immunology; Chronic inflammation; Tumor viruses
Genetics of Hodgkin lymphoma
HHV-6 in Hodgkin lymphoma
Dr. Hudnall is interested in the role of virus infection, chronic inflammation, and altered immunity in the development and progression of human cancer, and the possibility of inhibiting the progression of human cancer with the use of immuno-modulating and anti-inflammatory agents.
- Hudnall SD, Chen T, Allison P, Tyring S, Heath A. Herpesvirus Prevalence and Viral Load in Healthy Adult Blood Donors by Quantitative Real Time PCR. Transfusion 48:1180-7, 2008.
- Hudnall SD, Betancourt E, Barnhart E, Patel J. Comparative Flow Immunophenotype of Hodgkin Lymphoma and Lymphoid Hyperplasia. Cytometry 74:1-8, 2008.
- Hudnall SD, Chen T, Tyring SK. Species identification of all eight human herpesviruses with a single nested PCR assay. J Virol Meth 116:19-26, 2004.
- Hudnall SD, Chen T, Rady PL, Tyring SK, Allison P. Human herpesvirus 8 seroprevalence and viral load from healthy adult blood donors. Transfusion 43:85-90, 2003.
- Chen T, Hudnall SD. Anatomic Mapping of Human Herpesvirus Reservoirs of Infection. Mod Path 19: 726-737, 2006.
- Hudnall SD, Ge Y, Wei L, Yang, P, Wang H, Chen T. Distribution and phenotype of Epstein-Barr virus infected cells in human pharyngeal tonsils. Mod Path 18:519-27, 2005.