Karla Neugebauer PhD
Professor of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry and of Cell Biology
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development | Biochemistry, Biophysics and Structural Biology
Cancer Center, Yale: Cancer Genetics & Genomics
Center for RNA Science and Medicine, Yale
Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry
pre-mRNA splicing, transcription, gene architecture, SR proteins, cap-binding complex, RNA-protein interactions, Cajal bodies, organization of the cell nucleus, zebrafish embryogenesis. more...
- BS, Cornell University, 1984
- Ph.D., University of California-San Francisco, 1990
- M. Brugiolo, L. Herzel and K.M. Neugebauer. 2013. Counting on Co-transcriptional Splicing. F1000Prime Reports 5:9-15.
- Müller-McNicoll, M. and K.M. Neugebauer. 2013. How cells get the message: dynamic assembly and function of mRNA-protein complexes. Nature Reviews Genetics 14:275-87.
- Bieberstein, N., F. Carrillo Oesterreich, K. Straube and K.M. Neugebauer. 2012. First exon length controls active chromatin signatures and transcription. Cell Reports 2:62-68.