High Volume Submission Policies
The high volume, 96 well plate format is available for researchers who are experienced users of the facility and are confident in their methodology for template and primer preparation. We sequence and charge for all samples submitted on the plate regardless of the results, unless it is a clear technical error on our part.
- All high volume plate submissions must be in red 96-well Eppendorf twin tec plates or Applied Biosystems Optical 96-well reaction plates. The plates are located in the Yale stockrooms or they can be ordered from:
Brinkmann, 1-800-645-3050 for the Red Eppendorf twin tec 96-well plate: Part#951020389 (Strip caps Part# 951023035)
Applied Biosystems, 1-800-327-3002 for the Optical 96-Well Reaction Plate: Part# N801-0560 (Strip Caps Part# N801-0534)
- The minimum number of samples for a single high volume plate is 48. When submitting less than 96 samples on a plate, please submit in multiples of 12- placing the samples in rows of 12 consecutively i.e. begin at A1 through A12 then B1-B12, C1-12, etc.
- High volume plates should be dropped off with a high volume submission confirmation sheet (available after web-ordering via our “Sample Submission” page).
High Volume Plate Submission Protocol
High Volume 96-well reaction
Add to each well:
2 µl of 4 µM custom or universal primer
To each well, add:
- 600 ng plasmid DNA or
- 10-20 ng per 200bp of PCR product (e.g. for a 400bp PCR product each well should contain 20-40 ng DNA) or
- 2000 ng cosmid or lambda DNA or
- 4000 ng BAC DNA
- Dilute your product to 16µL with H2O
Therefore, each well should include:
- 16 µL including your product + H2O
- 2 µL 4 µM primer
18 µL total volume per well
Cap the plate firmly using the strip caps or sealing film and wrap each plate with parafilm.
Be sure to label each plate with a unique name. Results will be labeled with the researchers code -plate name -and well-coordinate (RES CODE-plate name-A1-12, RES CODE-plate name-B1-12 etc). The researcher is responsible for holding the "key" to the well co-ordinates for sample identification.
Standard Turnaround Time
Our turnaround time for a single plate is 24-36 hours from the time we receive your plate (except for plates received on Friday). Please allow extra time when you submit more than one plate at a time.