The facility houses an Applied Photophysics SX.18MV Stopped-Flow instrument that has recently been upgraded to operate with the latest Pro-Data windows software used on the current model SX20 stopped-flows and also the Chirascan Circular Dichroism instrument.
The SX is a state-of-the-art stopped-flow reaction analysis system featuring absorbance and fluorescence detection. The system is equipped with a low-volume stopped-flow cell in which microliter volumes of sample are mixed and resulting signal changes can be monitored on a time scale from milliseconds to 1000s.
In addition to the standard single mix experiment where two reagents are mixed, the SX.18MV is equipped with the sequential-mixing ('double-mixing') accessory. In this mode, two reagents are mixed in an aging loop and after a user-defined ageing time mixed with a third reagent.
SX.18MV Stopped-Flow Reaction Analyzer
- optimized for absorbance and fluorescence acquisition
- automated sample handling unit
- millisecond dead-time enabling measurement of rate constants of up to 1500 s-1
- minimum volume requirement: 40 microliters of reagent from each syringe
- variable temperature capabilities
Dr. Khadijeh AlnajjarHunter Radiation Therapy
15 York Street (Room WWW 308)
New Haven, CT 06510