Lena Smith Parker
Director, YSM Web
Departments & Organizations
Role at Yale
Lena started out as a internet specialist in communications for the Yale Medical Group in 2004, and in 2006 was promoted to have purview over the web for all of YSM. Within months she created the first iteration of the brain trust dedicated to the mission of a "world-class" web presence for YSM, which has now grown to a team of seven.
As Director of the YSM Web Group, Lena now manages this team responsible for all YSM web sites. The group is dedicated to these goals:
- Beautiful, useful, consistently branded websites that as a unit speak to the excellence of YSM
- All faculty and organizations being able to promote their important work, regardless of whether or not they have money
- Ease of accessibility for users and web editors
- Excellent communication with clients and administration
- Efficient use of accurate data across websites
Read more about the YSM Web Group.
- B.A., Beloit College, 1994
- M.A., Western Michigan University, 1996