Departments & Organizations
Cheryl Violante joined the School of Medicine in 1992 as a senior administrative assistant in the Office of Public Information and is now a senior administrative assistant and publications web coordinator in the Office of Communications.
In addition to general administrative work, Cheryl’s responsibilities include:
- Proofreads and copyedits the publications Yale Medicine, Medicine@Yale, Facts & Figures, 333 Cedar Street, Yale Practice, and others using AP and our office style guides.
- Researches, compiles and provides information used in Facts & Figures, which can also be used by the Dean’s office for PowerPoint presentations and reports to U.S. News & World Report.
- Uses the content management system “Tridion” to put Yale Medicine and Medicine@Yale online.
- Proofreads and sends blast e-mail messages to various constituencies, both internal and external for the Office of Communications, the Dean’s office, and other departments with approval by using the program “Message 3.”
- Performs special projects as assigned, conducts informational research, manages data on institutional metrics (NIH grant dollars, U.S. News & World Report rankings, and honorific society membership statistics)
- Served on the Bicentennial committee and Bicentennial Community Day subcommittee.