Facilities Managed Rooms
Virtual Room Reservation System
NOTE: Before you can access the system, you must create a user profile. The link below will open up a document with instructions on how to create a new user profile.
Please visit the YSM Online Room Scheduling site to create your user profile today.
The Facilities Operations Service Center will receive a notification when a new user profile has been submitted. The request for a new user profile will be reviewed for approval. Upon approval, you will receive an email stating that your profile has been activated. The email will include detailed instructions on how to reserve a room in the new virtual system.
Requests for new reservations can only be submitted through June 20, 2014. When submitting a room reservation through the new virtual web system, you will receive what is referred to as a PENDING Room Summary email. This is NOT your confirmation. Your request is PENDING until it is reviewed and approved by one of our specialists. Upon approval, you will receive a room confirmation email.
New: A PTAEO number is now required for all room requests. Kindly note, you will not be charged to use the room. The PTAEO number will be kept on file in the event that the room is not returned to its original condition. You may be subject to a service charge if the room is not returned to its original condition. If you plan to serve food at your event, a Facilities Work Request is required for custodial services. A PTAEO number is required for processing.
If you know in advance that you will not be utilizing the room on a specific date, please log into the system and cancel your reservation so that the room(s) can be available to others.
If you need to adjust the date and/or time on a current reservation, please log into the system and utilize the Browse for Space option first to be sure that the change can be made before attempting to adjust your reservation.
NOTE: When browsing for space, anything blocked off in BLUE means that the room is not available for the requested time.
If you submitted a room request for TODAY or the NEXT BUSINESS DAY, please contact us directly at 203-432-6888. At that time, we will review the room request in our system and send you a confirmation email.
Policies and Procedures
The individual / department submitting a room reservation is responsible for arranging and paying for any of the below services if needed:
- Should you require audio visual assistance or equipment, please contact Classroom Technology directly at 203-737-3404. These services are not included with room reservations.
- YSM Courtyard / Outside event policy
- If your request is for: Amistad Park / TAC Courtyard / SHM Rose Garden or the Harkness Lawn & Patio areas, please read below:
You must submit a Facilities Web Request (FWR) for the following Services:
- Fire Code Compliance To ensure safety requirements
- Grounds Maintenance For lawn maintenance and/or trash receptacle needs
NOTE: YOUR ROOM REQUEST WILL REMAIN IN PENDING STATUS UNTIL YOU EMAIL email@example.com WITH THE WORK ORDER NUMBERS.
Custodial Services & Furniture Set Up
If you plan to serve food and/or refreshments at your event, please adhere to the following protocol:
- Prior to your event, your department must coordinate the proper cleaning arrangements as all rooms must be cleaned afterwards. Your department will be charged for restorative costs if the space is not returned to its original condition.
- To request cleaning, furniture set up, etc., please submit a FAMIS Web Request (FWR) at www.facilities.yale.edu no less than (3) business days prior to the date of the event.
Important Information for Students
Students will be able to utilize the new virtual system however the same rules and regulations apply when alcohol is served.
Before submitting a room request in our new system, you must obtain a PTAEO number from the Office of Student Affairs. We ask for this information in the event that the room is not left in its original condition.
All room requests submitted through the new system will be in a PENDING status. You will receive a system generated web request summary email. Your reservation is not CONFIRMED until we receive the request and review it. If approved, you will then receive an official room confirmation email.
If you know in advance that you will not be using the room that you have reserved, please log into the system and CANCEL the reservation so that the room can be available for others.
IMPORTANT: If your request is for an event in which alcohol will be served, please note that your request will be forwarded to the Office of Student Affairs for review. If your request is approved, you will receive a confirmation email. Please continue to refer to the protocol detailed below:
The following protocol applies to Medical / Undergraduate / Graduate Students:
- You must follow ALL guidelines in the Undergraduate Regulations section at the following website: http://www.yale.edu/yalecollege/publications/uregs/.
- If alcohol is served, a licensed bartender and Yale Police Officer must be hired. Food and non alcoholic beverages must also be served.
- Representatives from Yale Police and Yale Security will review your request and determine if Yale Police and/or Security are required. If so, you will be contacted for charging instructions.
Yale Security Website: http://yalecollege.yale.edu/content/conferences-and-major-events-checklist#4