Yasuko Iwakiri PhD
Associate Professor of Medicine (Digestive Diseases)
Departments & Organizations
Portal hypertension; Nitric oxide; S-nitrosylation; CD147 (EMMPRIN, Basigin); Reticulon 4B (Nogo-B); liver fibrosis; liver regeneration; vascular biology more...
- B.S., Miyazaki University, Japan, 1988
- M.S., Oregon State University, 1995
- Ph.D., Colorado State University, 2000
- Gao, L., Utsumi, U., Tashiro, K., Liu. B., Zhang, D., Swenson, E.S., and Iwakiri, Y. Reticulon 4B (Nogo-B) facilitates hepatocyte proliferation and liver regeneration. Hepatology 2012 (in press).
- Tashiro, K., Satoh, A., Utsumi, T., Chung, C., and Iwakiri, Y. Absence of Nogo-B (Reticulon 4B) facilitates hepatic stellate cell apoptosis and diminishes hepatic fibrosis in mice. Am J Pathology 2012(in press).
- Chung, C. and Iwakiri, Y. Activated hepatic stellate cells: Negative regulators of hepatocyte proliferation in liver diseases. Hepatology. 2012;51(1):389-391.