Wu Liu PhD, DABR
Assistant Professor of Therapeutic Radiology
Image guided radiotherapy; Tumor motion monitoring and management; Dose reconstruction; Medical image analysis; Ultrasound parametric imaging
tumor motion monitoring and management
Clinical-oriented research on image guided radiotherapy: tumor motion monitoring and management. Dose reconstruction. Medical image analysis.
Applying artificial intelligence techniques to IGRT for margin reduction and adaptive imaging and planning.
Cancer diagnosis & treatment evaluation using advanced ultrasound parametric imaging.
Extensive Research Description
- W. Liu, G. Luxton, and L. Xing, "A Failure Detection Strategy for Intrafraction Prostate Motion Monitoring with On-board Imagers for Fixed-Gantry IMRT," International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, 78(3): 904-911, 2010.
- W. Liu, J. Qian, S. Hancock, L. Xing, and G. Luxton, "Clinical development of a failure detection-based online repositioning strategy for prostate IMRT – experiments, simulation, and dosimetry study" Medical Physics, 37(10): 5287-5297, 2010.
- W. Liu, R. Wiersma, and L. Xing, "Optimized Hybrid MV-kV Imaging Protocol for Volumetric Prostate Arc Therapy," International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, 78(2): 595-604, 2010.
- J. Qian, L. Lee, W. Liu, K. Chu, E. Mok, G. Luxton, Q. Le, and L. Xing, “Dose Reconstruction for volumetric modulated arc therapy using cone-beam CT and dynamic log-files”, Physics in Medicine & Biology, 55: 3597-3610, 2010
- W. Liu and J. A. Zagzebski, "Tradeoffs in Data Acquisition and Processing Parameters for Backscatter and Scatterer Size Estimations," IEEE Trans Ultrason Ferroelectr Freq Control, 57(2): 340-352, 2010.
- W. Liu, R.D. Wiersma, W. Mao, G. Luxton, and L. Xing, “Real-time 3D internal marker tracking during arc radiotherapy by use of combined MV-kV imaging”, Physics in Medicine & Biology, 53: 7197-7213, 2008
- W. Liu, J.A. Zagzebski, H.J. Hall, E.L. Madsen, T. Varghese, M.A. Kliewer, S. Panda, C. Lowery, and S. Barnes, “Acoustic backscatter and effective scatterer size estimates using a 2D CMUT transducer”, Physics in Medicine & Biology, 53: 4169-4183, 2008