Winifred Mak MD, PhD
Assistant Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences
Departments & Organizations
Embryogenesis; epigenetic regulation of placental development; role of Pumilio, RNA binding protein in oogenesis and embryogenesis; trophoblast stem cells more...
- M.B.B.S., University of London, 1997
- Ph.D., University of London, 2004
- Nangia A.K., Luke B., Smith JF., Mak W., Stern J.E.; the SART Writing Group (2011). National study of factors influencing assisted reproductive technology outcomes with male factor infertility. Fertil Steril. Sep;96(3):609-14.
- Senner C. E., Nesterova T.B., Norton S., Dewchand H., Godwin J., Mak W., Brockdorff N. (2011). Disruption of a conserved region of Xist exon 1 impairs Xist RNA localisation and X-linked gene silencing during random and imprinted X chromosome inactivation. Development. (2011) 138(8):1541-50.
- Mak, W and Dokras, A. (2009) Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and the risk of cardiovascular disease and thrombosis. Semin. Thromb. Hemost. 35(7): 613-20.