Vishwa Deep Dixit
Professor of Comparative Medicine and of Immunobiology
Departments & Organizations
Immune-Metabolic Interactions; Aging and age-related inflammation; Obesity-associated inflammation and metabolic syndrome; Adipose tissue leukocytosis; Inflammasomes; Thymic involution and approaches for thymic rejuvenation; Neuroendocrine control of immune system more...
- D.V.M., Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar, India, 1994
- MAST OTHER, Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar, India, 1999
- Ph.D., Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar, India, 2000
- Ph.D., Research completed in University of Hannover, Germany, 2000
- Youm YH, Grant RW, McCabe LR, Albarado DC, Nguyen KC, Ravussin A, Pistell P, Newman S, Carter R, Laque A, Munzberg H, Rosen CJ, Ingram DK, Salbaum JM and Dixit VD. (2013) Canonical Nlrp3 inflammasome links systemic low grade inflammation to functional decline in aging. Cell Metab. 18: 519-532.
- Grant RW, Youm YH, Ravussin A and Dixit VD. (2013) Quantification of adipose tissue leukocytosis in obesity. Methods. Mol. Biol. 1040: 195-209
- Youm YH, Kanneganti TD, Vandanmagsar B, Zhu X, Ravussin A, Adijiang A, Owen JS, Thomas MJ, Francis J, Parks JS and Dixit VD (2012) The NLRP3 Inflammasome Promotes Age-related Thymic Demise and Immunosenescence. Cell Reports 1, 56-68.