Tracy Rabin MD, SM
Assistant Professor of Medicine (General Medicine); Assistant Director, Office of Global Health (Department of Internal Medicine); Affiliated Faculty, Yale Global Health Leadership Institute
Dr. Rabin is an Internist and Pediatrician who joined the Yale faculty in 2011 as a member of the Section of General Internal Medicine (YSM Department of Internal Medicine) and as Assistant Director of the Office of Global Health. She attends and teaches on the medical wards at the St. Raphael's Campus (SRC) of Yale-New Haven Hospital; directs care and precepts residents in the SRC Adult Primary Care Diabetes Clinic; co-directs the Makerere University-Yale University (MUYU) medical education capacity building collaboration which is based at the Makerere University College of Health Sciences/Mulago National Referral & Teaching Hospital in Kampala, Uganda; and precepts residents in the Yale Combined Internal Medicine-Pediatrics Residency Program clinic at the St. Mary’s Family Health Center (Waterbury, CT).
Her areas of academic interest include global health education and clinical ethics, outpatient diabetes management, and health care transitions.
- Uganda Initiative for Integrated Management of Non-Communicable Diseases (UINCD)
Founding Member (2013-2014) and Member of the Governing Board (2014-present); mission is to build capacity in the realms of prevention, care, training, and research to enable the provision of effective and integrated care along the NCD management spectrum.
- Co-Director, Makerere University-Yale University (MUYU) Collaboration
Dr. Rabin serves as the Yale-based Co-Director for this bilateral medical education exchange, and is the Uganda Site Director for the Yale/Stanford J&J Global Health Scholars program in the Department of Internal Medicine. Additionally, she provides clinical care and education on the wards of Mulago Hospital in Kampala, Uganda.
Education & Training
- College of William and Mary (1997)
- Harvard University School of Public Health (2000)
- Univ of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry (2006)
- Yale University, Internal Medicine & Pediatrics (2006 - 2010)
- Global Health Chief Resident
- Yale University Primary Care Program, Internal Medicine (2010 - 2011)
- Board Certification
- Pediatrics, Board Certified (2011)
- Board Certification
- Internal Medicine, Board Certified (2010)