Thomas Styron PhD, Clinical Psychology
Associate Professor of Psychiatry; Director, Psychology Training, Adult Community Mental Health Services, CMHC; Executive Director, Community Services Network of Greater New Haven
Serious mental illnesses; Trauma; Mood and anxiety disorders; Parenting; Program evaluation: training and education.
- Goodwin, R, Styron, T. Perceived quality of early paternal relationships and mental health in adulthood. J. Nervous & Mental Disease. 2012, 200:9: 791–795.
- David, D., Styron, T., Davidson, L. Supported parenting to meet the needs and concerns of mothers with severe mental illness. Am J Psychiatric Rehabilitation, 2011, 14:2:137-153.
- Schmutte T., Flanagan, E., Bedregal, L., Ridgway, P., Sells, D., Styron, T., Davidson, L. Self-efficacy and self-care: Missing ingredients in health and healthcare among adults with serious mental illnesses. Psychiatric Quarterly. 2009, 80:1:1-8.
- Wexler, B.; Strauss, J., Davidson, L., Styron, T. Severe and persistent mental illness. In 40 Years of Public Academic Psychiatry, eds, S. Jacobs and E. Griffith, Wiley, London, 2008, pp. 1-20.
- Styron, T., O'Connell, M., Smalley, W., Rau, D., Shahar, G., Sells, D., Frey, J., Davidson, L. Troubled youth in transition: An evaluation of Connecticut's special services for individuals aging out of adolescent mental health programs. Children & Youth Services Review. 2006, 28:1088-1101.
- Styron, T., Shaw, M., McDuffie, E., Hoge, M. Curriculum resources for training direct care providers in public sector mental health. Admin. and Policy in Mental Health. 2005, 32:633-639.
- Styron, T., Kline-Pruett, M., McMahon, T., Davidson, L. Fathers with serious mental illnesses: A neglected group. Psychiatric Rehabilitation J. 2002, 25:215-222.
- Styron, T., Janoff-Bulman, R, Davidson, L. "Please ask me how I am": Experiences of family homelessness in the context of single mothers' lives. J Social Distress and the Homeless, 2000, 9:143-165.