Thomas L McCarthy PhD
Hormonal and molecular control of IGF-I expression and TGF-b function in osteoblasts; osteoblast gene expression, including steroid hormone interactions with signaling pathways that control gene expression; native and synthetic sex steroid metabolism by osteoblasts, including synthesis of a selective estrogen receptor modulator by aging osteoblast cultures; interactions of protein kinases and steroid hormones as they affect gene expression
- McCarthy, T. L., M. E. Clough, C. M. Gundberg, M. Centrella (2008) Expression of an estrogen
receptor agonist in differentiating osteoblast cultures. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 105:7022-7027.
- McCarthy, T. L., R. B. Hochberg, D. C. Labaree, M. Centrella (2007) 3-ketosteroid reductase
activity and expression by fetal rat osteoblasts. J. Biol. Chem. 282:34003-34012.
- McCarthy, T. L., T. Pham, B. I. Knoll, M. Centrella (2007) Prostaglandin E2 increases TGF-b type
III receptor expression through CAAT enhancer binding protein d in osteoblasts. Mol. Endocrinol.
- Lee, C.J., J.H. Whang, R. Lazova, T.E. Ciesielski, J.G. Thomson, T. McCarthy, J.A. Persing Growth
factor expression with different wound treatments after laser resurfacing. Aesthetic Surg. J. (2007) 27:55-
- Kim, K. K., C. J. W. Chang, R. Wells, C. M. Gundberg, T. L. McCarthy, M. Centrella
Repetitive exposure to TGF-ß suppresses TGF-ß type I receptor expression by differentiated
osteoblasts. Gene (2006) 379:175-184.