Hypertension, Pulmonary; Pulmonary Medicine; Iloprost; Biomarkers, Pharmacological
The Pulmonary Hypertension Center at Yale is involved in industry sponsored studies of combination therapy in pulmonary arterial hypertension treatment. This involved looking at established therapies usually used alone and seeing if further gains can be made by using them together.
The Center is participating in the RESPIRE registry, looking at factors that influence patient compliance with inhaled iloprost therapy.
We are also interested in pulmonary arterial blood and systemic serial blood sample testing for a variety of biomarkers that may prove to be useful in knowing if treatments are working or failing in this disease, and a biorepository and database currently being developed.
Specialized Terms: Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension; Combination Therapy in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension; Biomarkers to follow treatment success in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Cho WK, Lee CM, Kang MJ, Huang Y, Giordano FJ, Lee PJ, Trow TK, Homer RJ, Sessa WC, Elias J A, Lee CG. Il-13 induces pulmonary vascular remodeling and hyemodynamic changes via an IL-13 receptor alpha-2-arginase-2-dependent pathway. American Journal of Physiology -Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology 2013; 304:L112-L124.
- Sauler M, Fares WH, Trow TK. Standard nonspecific therapies in the management of pulmonary arterial hypertension. Clin Chest Med 2013; 34:799-810.
- Forfia P, Trow TK. Diagnosis of pulmonary arterial hypertension. Clin Chest Med 2013;34: 665-682.
- Gutierrez A, Sauler M, Mitchell JM, Siegel MD, Trow, TK, Bachetta M, Fares WH. Unresolved pulmonary embolism leadintg to a diagnosis of pulmonary artery sarcoma. Heart and Lung 2014
- Trow, TK. Recent findings on pulmonary hypertension. Clin Chest Med 2013;34:xii-xiv.
- Taichman, D, Ornelas J, Chung L, Klinger J, Lewis S, Palevsky H, Rich S, Sood N, Trow, TK, Yung R, Elliott CG, Badesch D. Pharmacological Therapy for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension in Adults: CHEST Guidelines. Chest 2014, 146
- Fares WH, Trow TK. Targeted approaches to the treatment of pulmonary hypertension. Thera Adv Resp Dis, 2012; 0(0): 1-13. DOI:10.1177/1753465812441849.
- Li W, Niu B, Henderson K, Northrup V, Pollock JS, Trow TK, Fahey J, White RI. Reproducibility of oxygen saturation monitoring during six-minute walk test and exercise stress test in patients with pulmonary arteriovenous malformations associated with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia. Pediatr Cardiol (published on line 19 February, 2011).
- Lane CR, Trow TK. Pulmonary hypertension and pregnancy. Clin Chest Med 2011; 32: 165-174.
- Trow TK, Argento AC, Rubinowitz AN, Decker R. A 71-year-old with myelofibrosis, hypoxemia, and pulmonary hypertension. Chest 2010;138:1506-1510.
- Auger WR, Kim NH, Trow TK. Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Clin Chest Med 2010; 31:741-758.
- Trow TK, McArdle JR. Diagnoses of pulmonary arterial hypertension, Clin Chest Med, 2007 28(1):(in press).
- Neuman J, Rosioreanu A, Schuss A, Turi G, Yung E, Trow TK, Williams L, Katz DS. Radiology-Pathology Conference: Sclerosing hemangioma of the lung. Clinical Imaging 2006 30:409-412.
- Trow TK. Clinical Year in Review I: lung cancer, interventional pulmonology, noninvasive mask ventilation, and pulmonary vascular disease. Proc Am Thor Soc 2005 2:102-104.
- Trow TK. Clinical Year in Review II: pulmonary infections, diagnostic imaging, pleural disease, neuromuscular disease. Proc Am Thor Soc 2005 2:175-178.
- Trow TK. Initial diagnostic testing in the evaluation of pulmonary hypertension. Advances in Pulmonary Hypertension 2005 4:11-14.
- Trow TK, Taichman DB.Endothelin receptor blockade in the management of pulmonary arterial hypertension: selective and dual antagonism. Resp Med 2009; 103:951-62.
- Trow TK, Morris DG, Miller CR, Homer RJ. Granulomatous bronchilitis of Crohn's disease successfully treated with inhaled budesonide. Thorax 2009; 64:546-7
- Curran DM, Trow TK, Muhs B, Sergi M. Pulmonary hypertension after surgical laminectomy: an easily missed cause of high output state. Am J Med 2008; 121: e33-34.
- Trow TK, McLauglin VV. Pulmonary Hypertension. In Lang F, editor, Encyclopedia of Molecular Mechanisms of Disease. 1st edition, Heidelberg: Spring-Verlag; 2009. pp 1771-1773.