Tassos Constantino Kyriakides PhD
Associate Research Scientist in Public Health (Biostatistics); Biostatistician, Cooperative Studies Program, Department of Veterans Affairs
- On-going pilot HIV therapy trial
- On-going pediatric HIV disclosure clinical trial
- On-going Behaviorial intervention trial
- On-going VA PTSD clinical trial
- Analysis of data from a VA multi-national HIV therapy management clinical trial
- Analysis of data from a VA clinical trial in repair strategies for abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Design, management, execution and data analysis of medical research projects (observational studies/randomized clinical trials)
- Infectious disease epidemiology background with emphasis on HIV treatment
- Teaching study design and methodology, epidemiology and statistical analysis
- Statistical analysis consultant
- Lederle, FA, Freischlag JA, Kyriakides TC, Matsumura JS, Padberg FT, Kohler TR, Kougias P, Jean-Claude JM, Cikrit DF, Swanson KM for the OVER Veteran Affairs Cooperative Study. Long-Term Comparison of Endovascular and Open Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. NEJM 2012; 367 (21): 1988-1997
- Nicos Skordis, Elisavet Efstathiou, Tassos C. Kyriakides, Antria Savvidou, Savvas C. Savva, Leonidas A. Phylactou, Christos Shammas, Vassos Neocleous. Epidemiology of Type 1 diabetes mellitus in Cyprus: rising incidence at the dawn of the 21st century. Hormones 2012, 11(1):86-93
- Stroupe KT, Lederle FA, Matsumura JS, Kyriakides TC, Jonk YC, Ge Ling, Freischlag JA for the Open Versus Endovascular Repair (OVER) Veterans’ Affairs Cooperative Study Group. Journal of Vascular Surgery 2012; 56:901-10.
- Bedimo, R., Kyriakides, T., Brown, S., Weidler, J., Lie, Y., Coakley, E. and Holodniy, M. (2012), Predictive value of HIV-1 replication capacity and phenotypic susceptibility scores in antiretroviral treatment-experienced patients. HIV Medicine. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-1293.2011.00981.x
- Joyce VR, Barnett PG, Chow A, Bayoumi AM, Griffin SC, Sun H, Holodniy M, Brown ST, Kyriakides TC, Cameron DW, Youle M, Sculpher M, Anis AH, Owens DK. Effect of treatment interruption and intensification of antiretroviral therapy on health-related quality of life in patients with advanced HIV: A randomized, controlled trial. Med Decis Making. 2012; 32(1):70-82.
- Contessa J., Nadzam G. and Kyriakides TC. Surgical Resident Attrition and the Menninger Morale Curve. Surgical Science, 2011 (2):397-401
- Contessa J., Kim D. and Kyriakides TC. Can Moral Reasoning Predict General Surgery Residents' Clinical Competence? Journal of Surgical Education. Available online August 2011, volume 69(1).
- Holodniy M, Brown ST, Cameron DW, Kyriakides TC, Angus B, et al. 2011 Results of Antiretroviral Treatment Interruption and Intensification in Advanced Multi-Drug Resistant HIV Infection from the OPTIMA Trial. PLoS ONE 6(3): e14764. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0014764
- Joyce VR, Barnett PG, Chow A, Bayoumi AM, Griffin SC, Sun H, Holodniy M, Brown ST, Kyriakides TC, Cameron DW, Youle M, Sculpher M, Anis AH, Owens DK. Effect of treatment interruption and intensification of antiretroviral therapy on health-related quality of life in patients with advanced HIV: A randomized, controlled trial. Med Decis Making. Prepublished March 7, 2011.
- Methodological Issues in Comparative Effectiveness Research: Clinical Trials
Peter Peduzzi, Tassos Kyriakides, Theresa Z. O'Connor, Peter Guarino, Stuart R. Warren, Grant D. Huang. The American Journal of Medicine - December 2010 (Vol. 123, Issue 12, Supplement, Pages e8-e15, DOI: 10.1016/j.amjmed.2010.10.003)