Cellular & Molecular Physiology: Bagriantsev & Gracheva Labs
Our laboratory uses a multidisciplinary approach to study the molecular basis of sensory physiology, with a focus on temperature- and mechano-transduction. We apply transcriptomics, electorphysiology, molecular biology and biochemistry to identify novel sensory molecules, and to understand the physiological roles and molecular properties of known temperature-, mechano-sensitive and polymodal ion channels.
- Schneider ER, Mastrotto M, Laursen WJ, Shultz VP, Goodman JB, Funk OH, Gallagher PG, Gracheva EO, Bagriantsev SN. Neuronal mechanism for acute mechanosensitivity in tactile-foraging waterfowl. PNAS 2014, 111(41):14941-6.
- Bagriantsev SN, Chatelain FC, Clark KA, Alagem N, Reuveny E, Minor DL. Tethered protein display identifies a novel Kir3.2 (GIRK2) regulator from protein scaffold libraries. ACS Chem Neurosci 2014, 5(9):812-22.
- Bagriantsev S, Ang K, Gallardo-Godoy A, Clark K, Arkin M, Renslo A, Minor DL. A high-throughput functional screen identifies small molecule regulators of temperature- and mechano sensitive K2P channels. ACS Chem Biol 2013, 8(8):1841-51.
- Bagriantsev S, Clark K, Minor DL. Metabolic and thermal stimuli control K2P2.1 (TREK-1) through modular sensory and gating domains. EMBO J 2012, 31: 3297-3308.
- Bagriantsev S, Peyronnet R, Clark K, Honore E, Minor DL. Multiple modalities converge on a common gate to control K2P channel function. EMBO J 2011, 30: 3594-3606.
- Bagriantsev S, Gracheva EO, Richmond JE, and Liebman SW. Variant-specific [PSI+] infection is transmitted by Sup35 polymers within [PSI+] aggregates with heterogeneous protein composition. Mol Biol Cell 2008, 19(6):2433-43.
- Bagriantsev SN, Liebman SW. Modulation of Aß42 low-n oligomerization using a novel yeast reporter system. BMC Biology 2006, 4(1):32.
- Bagriantsev S, Liebman SW. Specificity of prion assembly in vivo. [PSI+] and [PIN+] form separate structures in yeast. J Biol Chem 2004, 279(49): 51042-8.