Diseases; Health Care
My research interests have centered on pharmacologic and dialytic strategies to reduce the morbidity and mortality associated with kidney failure. As an Executive Committee Member and /or a Site Investigator for the VA’s Cooperative Studies Program, I have conducted clinical trials targeting vascular access preservation and renal and cardiovascular risk reduction in chronic kidney disease, and all-cause mortality in acute kidney injury.
- Crowley, S.T. and Rodriguez, R. Innovations in Kidney Care Within the Veterans Heath Administration. ASN Kidney News. 2014; 6(2):7-9.
- Watnick S, Crowley S.T. End Stage Kidney Disease (ESKD) Care within the VA: A Forward-Looking Program with an Illuminating Past. American Journal of Kidney Diseases. 2014; 63(3): 521-9.
- Kohler M, Amezega M, Drozd J, Crowley ST, Gulanski B, Anderson D, Fraenkel L, Use of computerized order set to increase prescription of calcium and vitamin D supplementation in patients receiving glucocorticoids. J Gen Intern Med 2013 June;28(6): 825-9.
- Crowley, ST. What is the risk of Hepatitis C spread in dialysis and how can we curtail it? Seminars in Dialysis. 2011; 24(4): 436-8.
- Palevsky PM, O'Connor TZ, Chertow GM, Crowley ST, Zhang JH, Kellum JA. Intensity of renal replacement therapy in acute kidney injury: perspective from within the Acute Renal Failure Trial Network Study. Crit Care 2009; 13(4):310.
- Crowley, S.T., Peixoto A. Acute Kidney Injury in the Intensive Care Unit. Clinics in Chest Medicine .2009; 30(1):29-43.
- Crowley, S.T., Chertow G, Vitale J, O’Connor T, Zhang J, Schein R, Choudhury D, Finkel K, Vijayan A, Paganini E, Pzalevsky P. Lessons for Successful Study Enrollment from the Veterans Affairs/National Institutes of Health Acute Renal Failure Trial Netw
- Palevsky, PM, Zhang JH, O’Connor TZ, Chertow GM, Crowley S.T., Choudhury D, Finkel K, Kellum JA, Paganini E, Schein RMH, Smith MW, Swanson KM, Thompson BT, Vijayan A, Watnick S, Star RA, Peduzzi P. Intensity of Renal Support in Critically Ill Patients wi
- Rajashekar A, Perazella M, Crowley, S.T. “Systemic Disease With Renal Manifestations.” Primary Care Clinics in Office Practice 2008; 35(2):297-328