Steven M Southwick MD
Glenn H. Greenberg Professor of Psychiatry and Professor in the Child Study Center
Departments & Organizations
Child Study Center: NIMH Research Training Program in Childhood-onset Neuropsychiatric Disorders
Psychiatry: VA-Yale Clinical Neurosciences PTSD Research Program
Posttraumatic stress disorder; Resilience; Neurobiology; Epidemiology more...
- B.A., Yale University, 1974
- M.D., George Washington University, 1980
- Pietrzak RH, Goldstein MB, Malley JC, Johnson DC, Southwick SM: Subsyndromal posttraumatic stress disorder is associated with health and psychosocial difficulties in veterans of operations enduring freedom and Iraqi freedom. Depress Anxiety, Jun 3. [Epub ahead of print] 2009.
- Pietrzak RH, Southwick SM: The Importance of four-factor emotional numbing and dysphoria models in PTSD. Am J Psychiatry, Jun;166(6):726-7; 2009.
- Southwick SM, Friedman M, Krystal JH: Does Psychoeducation help prevent post traumatic psychological stress disorder? In Reply. In: Psychiatry: Interpersonal and biological processes, 71(4): 303-307, 2008.