Clinical Trials as Topic; Hyperglycemia; Hypothermia, Induced; Intensive Care Units; Lung; Liver Failure, Acute
Dr. Honiden has a wide array of interests related to the care of critically ill patients in the ICU. She has been involved in research related to the management of patients with acute liver failure, as well as studies that examine the biological effects of hyperglycemia in the ICU. She is also involved in a number of quality improvement projects, as well as ongoing clinical trials in the ICU.
Specialized Terms: Hyperglycemia in critically ill patients; Management of acute liver failure in the ICU; Therapeutic hypothermia in acute liver failure
Extensive Research Description
Ongoing clinical trials in ICU
- Shilpa S, Inzucchi SE, Goldberg PA, Cooper D, Siegel MD, Honiden S. “Adapting to the New Consensus Guidelines for Managing Hyperglycemia During Critical Illness: The Updated Yale Insulin Infusion Protocol. Endocr Pract. 2012 May 1;18(3):363-70.
- Honiden S, Abdel-Razeq SS, Siegel MD. “The Management of the Critically Ill Obstetric Patient.” J Intensive Care Med. 2013 Mar-Apr;28(2):93-106, 2011 Aug 12 [Epub ahead of print]
- Honiden S, Inzucchi SE. “Glucose Controversies in the ICU.” Journal of Intensive Care Medicine. 2011 26(3):133-150
- Honiden S, Siegel MD. “Analytic Reviews: Managing the Agitated Patient in the ICU: Sedatives, Analgesia and Neuromuscular Blockade.” Journal of Intensive Care Medicine 2010; 25(4):187-204
- Honiden S, McArdle JR. “Obesity in the intensive care unit.” Clin Chest Med. 2009; 30(3):581-599
- Honiden S, Gong MN. “Diabetes, insulin, and development of acute lung injury.” Crit Care Med. 2009 Jun 15.
- Schilsky ML, Honiden S, Arnott L, Emre S. “ICU management of acute liver failure.” Clin Chest Med 2009 Mar;30(1):71-87
- Honiden S. , Schultz A, MD, Im SA, Nierman DM, Gong MN. Early versus Late Intravenous Insulin Administration in Critically Ill Patients. Intensive Care Med. 2008; 34(5):881-887.
- Chang LH, Honiden S, Haithcock J, Das AM, Short K, Nierman DM, Carson SS. Utilization of Bronchodilators in Ventilated Patients without Obstructive Airways Disease. Resp Care 2007 Feb 52(2):154-8.
- Honiden S, Sundaram V, Nease RF, Holodniy M, Lazzeroni, LC, Zolopa A, Owens DK. The Effect of Diagnosis with HIV infection on Health Related Quality of Life. Qual Life Res. 2006 Feb 15(1): 69-82.