Seth D Dodds MD
Associate Professor of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation; Associate-Director, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Training Program
Wrist fractures; Scaphoid fractures; Stiffness and instability of the elbow (heterotopic ossification); Wrist arthroscopy; Percutaneous fracture management; Minimally invasive hand surgery
Biomechanical evaluation of wrist trauma, including scaphoid and distal radius fractures. Clinical outcomes research on the operative repair of wrist injuries and on the surgical release of elbow contractures.
Elbow fracture dislocations are prone to instability and poor outcomes,we are studying short and long term function after these challenging injuries.
Scaphoid fractures and nonunions can be treated minimally invasively, we are studying the biomechanical stability of different internal fixation configurations.
- Hanel DP and Dodds SD. Soft-tissue Interposition Flaps in the Management of Heterotopic Ossification and Proximal Radioulnar Synostosis. In Moran SL and Cooney WP, ed. Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery: Soft Tissue Surgery. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2009, 151-168.
- Dodds SD, Lauder AJ, and Trumble TE. Hand and Wrist Trauma. In Fischgrund JS, ed. Orthopaedic Knowledge Update 9. Rosemont, IL: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 2008, 343-356.
- Trumble TE and Dodds SD. Peripheral Tears of the TFCC: Arthroscopic Diagnosis and Management. In Slutsky DJ and Nagle DJ, ed. Techniques in Wrist and Hand Arthroscopy. Philadelphia, PA: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier, 2007, 42-53.
- Dodds SD, Bruegel-Sanchez V, and Swigart CR. Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Hand: Soft Tissue Reconstruction. In Trumble TE and Budoff JE, ed. Hand Surgery Update IV. Rosemont, IL: American Society for Surgery of the Hand, 2007, 673-685.
- Hanel DP and Dodds SD. Soft-tissue Interposition Flaps in the Management of Proximal Radiounlnar Synostosis. In Yamaguchi K, ed. Advanced Reconstruction: Elbow. Rosemont, IL: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 2007, 403-412.