Biomechanical evaluation of wrist trauma, including scaphoid and distal radius fractures. Clinical outcomes research on the operative repair of wrist injuries and on the surgical release of elbow contractures.
Elbow fracture dislocations are prone to instability and poor outcomes,we are studying short and long term function after these challenging injuries.
Scaphoid fractures and nonunions can be treated minimally invasively, we are studying the biomechanical stability of different internal fixation configurations.
- Dodds SD, Fishler T. Terrible triad of the elbow. Orthop Clin North Am. 2013 Jan;44(1):47-58.
- Dodds SD, Patterson JT, Halim A. Volar plate fixation of recalcitrant scaphoid nonunions with volar carpal artery vascularized bone graft. Tech Hand Up Extrem Surg. 2014 Mar;18(1):2-7
- Dodds SD, Save AV, Yacob A. Dorsal spanning plate fixation for distal radius fractures. Tech Hand Up Extrem Surg. 2013 Dec;17(4):192-8
- Trumble TE and Dodds SD. Peripheral Tears of the TFCC: Arthroscopic Diagnosis and Management. In Slutsky DJ and Nagle DJ, ed. Techniques in Wrist and Hand Arthroscopy. Philadelphia, PA: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier, 2007, 42-53.
- Dodds SD, Lauder AJ, and Trumble TE. Hand and Wrist Trauma. In Fischgrund JS, ed. Orthopaedic Knowledge Update 9. Rosemont, IL: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 2008, 343-356.