Sandra Alfano PharmD
Research Scientist in Medicine (General Medicine) and Assistant Clinical Professor of Nursing; Chair, Human Investigation Committee; Co-Chair, Embryonic Stem Cell Research Oversight Committee
Informed consent; International research ethics; QI versus Research analysis
Developing and implementing human research protections in international settings in Cali, Colombia and Changsha, China.
Analysis of ethical utilization of social media in recruitment for human subjects research.
- Alfano SL: Conducting research with human subjects in international settings: Ethical considerations. Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine 2013; 86 (3):315-321. PMCID: PMC3767216
- Alfano SL, Piedrahita LE, Uscinski, KT, Palma, GI: Strengthening Capacity for Human Research Protections: a Joint Initiative of Yale University, CIDEIM, and Univalle. IRB: Ethics and Human Research 2012; 34 (5):16-20.
- Alfano SL: Ethical Principles Guiding Clinical Research; Chapter in Oncology Clinical Trials, Kelly WK and Halabi S, Editors, Demos Medical Publishing, New York, 2010
- Siegel MD and Alfano SL: The Ethics of Quality Improvement Research (Editorial). Crit Care Med 2009; 37:791-2.
- Alfano SL: The Art of the Apothecary, Essay in The Yale Guide to Careers in Medicine and the Health Professions, Donaldson RM, Lundgren KS, and Spiro HM, Editors, Yale University Press, New Haven, 2003.