Extensive Research Description
Developing and implementing human research protections in international settings in Cali, Colombia and Changsha, China.
Conducting research with human subjects in international settings: Ethical considerations
Alfano SL: Conducting research with human subjects in international settings: Ethical considerations. Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine 2013; 86 (3):315-321. PMCID: PMC3767216
Strengthening Capacity for Human Research Protections: a Joint Initiative of Yale University, CIDEIM, and Univalle.
Alfano SL, Piedrahita LE, Uscinski, KT, Palma, GI: Strengthening Capacity for Human Research Protections: a Joint Initiative of Yale University, CIDEIM, and Univalle. IRB: Ethics and Human Research 2012; 34 (5):16-20.
- Alfano SL: Ethical Principles Guiding Clinical Research; Chapter in Oncology Clinical Trials, Kelly WK and Halabi S, Editors, Demos Medical Publishing, New York, 2010
- Siegel MD and Alfano SL: The Ethics of Quality Improvement Research (Editorial). Crit Care Med 2009; 37:791-2.
- Alfano SL: The Art of the Apothecary, Essay in The Yale Guide to Careers in Medicine and the Health Professions, Donaldson RM, Lundgren KS, and Spiro HM, Editors, Yale University Press, New Haven, 2003.
- Ethical Considerations in Clinical Research Ethical Considerations in Clinical Research, Chapter in Principles of Research Design and Drug Literature Evaluation, Aparasu RR, and Bentley JP, Editors, Jones and Bartlett Learning, Massachusetts, 2014.
- Community Based Participatory Research Alfano SL: Community Based Participatory Research, Article in Bioethics, 4th Edition, Jennings B Editor in Chief, Macmillan Reference USA, Michigan, 2014.