Rosana Gonzalez-Colaso PharmD, MPH
Assistant Professor in the Physician Associate Program, Department of Medicine
Health Disparities; Access to Language Services; Healthcare Workforce Diversification; Cross-cultural Survey Development; Interdisciplinary Medical Education; Global Health Education; Curriculum Development and Assessment
Development of a culturally and linguisticaly sensitive instrument to measure self-reported experiences of healthcare discrimination. Role:Director, Spanish-Language Core. Funding: National Institutes of Health (PI: Nunez-Smith)
Access to hospital language services and Limited English Proficiency in the US.
Development and assessment of global health educational experiences.
Development of interdisciplinary clinical and public health curriculum.
- Gonzalez-Colaso R, Moloney-Johns A, Jacqueline S. "To Teach or Not to Teach: 2011 National Survey of Physician Assistants and Preceptor Experiences". Journal of Physician Assistant Education. In press. 2013;24(2).
- Gonzalez-Colaso R, Enking P, Gorney C, Hudak N. "Tales from the Trenches: Physician Assistants’ Perspectives on Precepting Students." Abstract. Journal of Physician Assistant Education e-portal. In press. 2013;24(1).
- Rodriguez G, Gonzalez-Colaso R, Nunez-Smith M. "Experiences of Reported Healthcare Discrimination: Insights from Focus Groups with Spanish-Language Speaking Patients." Abstract. Journal of Society of General Internal Medicine e-portal. 2012;27(7). Suppl.
- Gonzalez-Colaso, R, Nunez-Smith M. 2010. Working with Medical Interpreters. In Yale Office-based Medicine Curriculum, eds. Rosenbaum J, Hay S, Warner M, and Whitman L, 5th edition. New Haven, CT: Yale University. http://yobm.yale.edu/
- Spicyn N. Gonzalez-Colaso R., Curry L., Fortin A., Guerrero C., Dumont-Mathieu T, Nunez-Smith M. Patient Refusal of Physician in Hospital Settings: Hospital Leaders’ Perspectives. Abstract. Journal of Society of General Internal Medicine e-portal. 2010; 25(7). Suppl.
- Gonzalez-Colaso R., Guerrero C., Nunez-Smith M. Provision of language services and Linguistic Needs: Are Hospitals Speaking to their Communities? 2010 Sixth Annual AAMC Physician Workforce Research Conference. May 6-7, 2010, Alexandria, VA
- Brisette D, Gonzalez-Colaso R. "International Clinical Rotations: Brainstorming a Process for a Successful Experience," Presentation. Physician Assistant Education Association Annual Education Forum, November 2009.
- Gonzalez-Colaso R. "Use of PAs among Children with Special Health Care Needs: Type of Provider and Satisfaction with Care." 2008 Annual Education Forum, Physician Assistant Education Association. November 1, 2008. Savannah, GA