Ron Afshari Adelman MD, MPH, MBA, FACS
Professor of Ophthalmology and Visual Science; Director, Yale Retina Service
Dr. Ron Adelman's formal education includes a Master of Public Health from the University of California at Berkeley, an Ophthalmology residency and two-year Retina fellowship at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary of Harvard Medical School. During his years at Harvard, he received many awards, including the Club Vit Fellow Research Award, the Ron G. Michels Fellowship Award, and Fellow of the Year 2000. He has published extensively, primarily in the area of retinal disease and surgery, with over 50 papers and 100 abstracts in print or in press. He has served on the editorial board of Graefe’s Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology and the Digital Journal of Ophthalmology, a peer-reviewed ophthalmology journal on the worldwide web, serving as a resource for ophthalmologists, vision scientists, and patients worldwide.
- Ophthalmology Twinning Progam
Dr. Adelman coordinated with Dr. Brian DeBroff and Dr. Caleb Gonzalez a twinning program between the Yale Eye Center and the Sao Paulo Ophthalmology Program in Brazil. This included a joint course on the "Multspecialty Approach to the Complicated Cataract" which was been accepted as a course at the Pan American Congress. The project has been completed.
Education & Training
- TUMS (1987)
- University of California at Berkeley (1994)
- Yale University School of Management (2011)
- Harvard Medical School-Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary, Ophthalmology
- Stanford University Medical Center, Ophthalmology
- Harvard Medical School-Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary, Vitreo-retinal Diseases & Surgery
- Board Certification
- Ophthalmology, Board Certified (2000)