Ramachandran Ramani MBBS, MD
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology
In clinical practice my sub specialty of interest is neuroanesthesia. Neuromonitoring, brain protection, anesthetic management for neurovascular procedures, anesthesia for spine surgery, mechanism of action of anesthetic agents are some of the topics of special interest to me in neuroanesthesia.
Research: My research is in functional MR imaging - understanding the effect of anesthesia on the CNS through fMRI. I collaborate with Dr Robert Todd Constable, Director of MRRC in my fMRI anesthesia studies.
Education & Training
- Delhi University (1976)
- Postgraduate Inst. of Medical Ed. and Research (1979)
- Maimonides Medical Center, Anesthesia (1997 - 2001)
- Institute of Medical Education & Research, Anesthesia (1977 - 1981)
- University of Iowa Hospital, Neuro-Anesthesia (1988 - 1989)
- Board Certification
- Anesthesiology, Board Certified (2003)