Rafaz Hoque MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine (Digestive Diseases)
Departments & Organizations
- B.A., Columbia College, 1997
- M.D., Cornell University, 2003
- Lactate reduces liver and pancreatic injury in Toll-like receptor- and inflammasome-mediated inflammation via GPR81-mediated suppression of innate immunity. Hoque R, Farooq A, Ghani A, Gorelick F, Mehal WZ. Gastroenterology. 2014 Jun;146(7):1763-74.
- TLR9 and the NLRP3 inflammasome link acinar cell death with inflammation in acute pancreatitis. Hoque R, Sohail M, Malik A, Sarwar S, Luo Y, Shah A, Barrat F, Flavell R, Gorelick F, Husain S,Mehal W. Gastroenterology. 2011 Jul;141(1):358-69.
- Inflammasome components Asc and caspase-1 mediate biomaterial-induced inflammation and foreign body response. Malik AF, Hoque R, Ouyang X, Ghani A, Hong E, Khan K, Moore LB, Ng G, Munro F, Flavell RA, Shi Y, Kyriakides TR, Mehal WZ. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011 Dec 13;108(50):20095-100.