- Lactate reduces liver and pancreatic injury in Toll-like receptor- and inflammasome-mediated inflammation via GPR81-mediated suppression of innate immunity. Hoque R, Farooq A, Ghani A, Gorelick F, Mehal WZ. Gastroenterology. 2014 Jun;146(7):1763-74.
- TLR9 and the NLRP3 inflammasome link acinar cell death with inflammation in acute pancreatitis. Hoque R, Sohail M, Malik A, Sarwar S, Luo Y, Shah A, Barrat F, Flavell R, Gorelick F, Husain S,Mehal W. Gastroenterology. 2011 Jul;141(1):358-69.
- Inflammasome components Asc and caspase-1 mediate biomaterial-induced inflammation and foreign body response. Malik AF, Hoque R, Ouyang X, Ghani A, Hong E, Khan K, Moore LB, Ng G, Munro F, Flavell RA, Shi Y, Kyriakides TR, Mehal WZ. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S
- P2X7 receptor-mediated purinergic signaling promotes liver injury in acetaminophen hepatotoxicity in mice. Hoque R, Sohail MA, Salhanick S, Malik AF, Ghani A, Robson SC, Mehal WZ. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2012 May 15;302(10):G1171-9.
- A novel small-molecule enantiomeric analogue of traditional (-)-morphinans has specific TLR9 antagonist properties and reduces sterile inflammation-induced organ damage. Hoque R, Farooq A, Malik A, Trawick BN, Berberich DW, McClurg JP, Galen KP, Mehal W.