Assistant Professor of History and in the History of Medicine
Departments & Organizations
Science and the arts; Science and secrecy; History of scientific collections; History of science and medicine 1400-1800 more...
- D.Phil., University of Oxford,
- M.Sc., University of Oxford,
- “Enlightened Secrets: Silk, Industrial Espionage, and Intelligent Travel in 18th-century France”, Technology and Culture, October 2013
- "The in/visible woman: Mariangela Ardinghelli (1730-1824) and the circulation of natural knowledge between Paris and Naples", Isis 104 (2013): 226-49
- “Designing the house of knowledge in 18th-century Naples: the ephemeral museum of Ferdinando Spinelli, Prince of Tarsia”, in Jim Bennett, Sofia Talas (eds), Making Science Public in the Eighteenth Century: The role of Cabinets of Experimental Philosophy, Brill (2013)