RNA Processing, Post-Transcriptional; Trypanosoma; Gene Expression
School of Public Health: Tschudi Lab | Vector-borne
- Kolev, N.G., Ramey-Butler, K., Cross, G.A., Ullu, E., Tschudi C. Developmental progression to infectivity in Trypanosoma brucei triggered by an RNA-binding protein. Science 2012, 338:1352-1353.
- Barnes, R.L., Shi, H., Kolev, N.G., Tschudi, C., Ullu, E. Comparative genomics reveals two novel RNAi factors in Trypanosoma brucei and provides insight into the core machinery. PLoS Pathog. 2012, 8:e1002678.
- Atayde, V.D., Ullu, E., Kolev, N.G. A single-cloning-step procedure for the generation of RNAi plasmids producing long stem-loop RNA. Mol. Biochem. Parasitol. 2012, 184:55-58.
- Kolev, N.G., Tschudi, C., Ullu, E. RNA interference in protozoan parasites: achievements and challenges. Eukaryot. Cell 2011, 10:1156-1163.
- Kolev, N.G., Franklin, J.B., Carmi, S., Shi, H., Michaeli, S., Tschudi, C. The transcriptome of the human pathogen Trypanosoma brucei at single-nucleotide resolution. PLoS Pathog. 2010, 6: e1001090.
- Patrick, K.L., Shi, H., Kolev, N.G., Ersfeld, K., Tschudi, C. and Ullu, E. Distinct and overlapping roles for two Dicer-like proteins in the RNA interference pathways of the ancient eukaryote Trypanosoma brucei. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2009, 106:17933-
- Kolev, N.G. and Ullu, E. SnoRNAs in Giardia lamblia: a novel role in RNA silencing? Trends Parasitol. 2009, 25:348-350.
- Kolev, N.G., Yario, T.A., Benson, E. and Steitz, J.A. Conserved motifs in both CPSF73 and CPSF100 are required to assemble the active endonuclease for histone mRNA maturation. EMBO Rep. 2008, 9:1013-1018.
- Kolev, N.G. and Steitz, J.A. In vivo assembly of functional U7 snRNP requires RNA backbone flexibility within the Sm-binding site. Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol. 2006, 13:347-353.
- Kolev, N.G. and Steitz, J.A. Symplekin and multiple other polyadenylation factors participate in 3'-end maturation of histone mRNAs. Genes Dev. 2005, 19:2583-2592.