Metabolic Diseases; Nutrition Disorders
Genetics of obesity, type 2 diabetes, hepatic steatosis, dyslipidemia in obese youths
- The many faces of diabetes: a disease with increasing heterogeneity. Tuomi T, Santoro N, Caprio S, Cai M, Weng J, Groop L. The Lancet 2014; 383: 1084-94
- The co-occurrence of risk alleles in or near genes modulating insulin secretion predisposes obese youth to prediabetes. Giannini C, Dalla Man C, Groop L, Cobelli C, Zhao H, Shaw MM, Duran E, Pierpont B, Bale AE, Caprio S, Santoro N. Diabetes Care 2014; 37:475-82
- The association between hepatic fat content and liver injury in obese children and adolescents: effects of ethnicity, insulin resistance and common gene variants. Santoro N, Feldstein AE, Enoksson E, Pierpont B, Kursawe R, Kim G, Caprio S.Diabetes Care 2013; 36:1353-60
- A Variant in the Glucokinase Regulatory Protein (GCKR) Gene is Associated with Fatty Liver in Obese Children and Adolescent. Santoro N, Zhang CK, Zhao H, Pakstis AJ, Kim G, Kursawe R, Dykas DJ, Bale AE, Giannini C, Pierpont B, Shaw MM, Groop L, Caprio S. 2012; 55:781-9.
- A common variant in the patatin-like phospholipase 3 gene (PNPLA3) is associated with fatty liver disease in obese children and adolescents. Santoro N, Kursawe R, D’Adamo E, Dykas DJ, Zhang CK, Bale AE, Cali’ A, Narayan D,Shaw MM, Pierpont B, Savoye M, Lartaud D, Eldrich S, Cushman SW, Zhao H, Shulman GI, Caprio S. 2010; 52: 1281-90