Ming-Kai Chen MD, PhD
Assistant Professor of Diagnostic Radiology
Departments & Organizations
Improving PET/CT imaging acquisition and quantification; Validation of new clinical radiotracer; Radiation exposure assessment; Internal dosimetry; Radioiodine treatment for thyroid disease. Molecular imaging in neuroscience and neurotoxicology, small animal imaging, receptor binding assay and autoradiography. more...
- M.D., National Taiwan University School of Medicine, 1996
- Ph.D., Johns Hopkins University, 2007
- 1. M.K. Chen, I. Doddamane, D.W. Cheng, Recombinant Human TSH as an alternative for thyroid hormone withdrawal for thyroid cancer management (2009) Current Opinion in Oncology 22(1): 6-10
- 2. M.K. Chen, H. Kuwabara, Y. Zhou, R.J. Adams, J.R. Brašic, J.L. McGlothan, T. Verina, N.C. Burton, M. Alexander, A. Kumar, D.F. Wong and T.R. Guilarte. In vivo PET imaging and neuropathology implicate the early selective loss of VMAT-2 in dopamine neuron degeneration in a non-human primate model of Parkinson s disease (2008) J. Neurochem 105(1): 78-90.
- 3. M.K. Chen and T.R. Guilarte, Translocator protein 18kDa: molecular sensor of brain injury and repair. (2008) Pharmacology & Therapeutics 118(1): 1-17.