Michael J Caplan PhD, MD
C. N. H. Long Professor of Cellular and Molecular Physiology and Professor of Cell Biology; Chair, Cellular and Molecular Physiology
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development | Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, and Physiology
Cell Biology: Membrane Traffic
Cellular & Molecular Physiology: Membrane Proteins - Pumps and Transporters | Membrane Protein Sorting and Trafficking | Epithelial Transport of Ions and Solutes | Organ Physiology | Physiology of Human Disease | Graduate Program in Cellular and Molecular Physiology
Ion pumps in polarized epithelia; Sorting and function more...
- M.D., Yale University, 1987
- Ph.D., Yale University, 1987
- Grimm DH, Cai Y, Chauvet V, Rajendran V, Zeltner R, Geng L, Avner ED, Sweeney W, Somlo S, Caplan MJ. Polycystin-1 distribution is modulated by polycystin-2 expression in mammalian cells. J Biol Chem, 278:36786-36793, 2003.
- Duffield A, Kamsteeg EJ, Brown AN, Pagel P, Caplan MJ. The tetraspanin CD63 enhances the internalization of the H,K-ATPase β-subunit. Proc Nat Acad Sci USA, 100:15560-15565, 2003.
- Chauvet V, et al. Mechanical stimuli induce the cleavage and nuclear translocation of the polycystin-1 C-terminus. J Clin Invest, 114:1433-1443, 2004.