Marney A. White PhD, MS
Associate Professor of Psychiatry and of Epidemiology (Chronic Diseases) and Research Scientist in and Associate Research Scientist in Psychology; Associate Director, Yale Center for Anxiety and Mood Disorders
Binge eating disorder; Obesity
Dr. White's research focus is on weight and eating problems, with
particular emphasis on the interaction of tobacco use with eating
disorders and weight concerns. Current projects focus on the influence
of smoking on factors related to binge eating, specifically the
influence of cigarette smoking on food cravings and emotional eating.
- Bragg, M.A., & White, M.A. (2013). Examining the Relationship Between Soda Consumption and Eating Disorder Pathology. Advances in Eating Disorders: Theory, Research and Practice. In press.
- White, M.A., Masheb, R.M., & Grilo, C.M. (2010). Self-reported weight gain following smoking cessation: a function of binge eating behavior. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 43, 572-575.
- Grilo, C.M. & White, M.A. (2011). Controlled Evaluation of the Distress Criterion for Binge Eating Disorder. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 79(4):509-14.
- White, M.A., & Grilo, C.M. (2011). Diagnostic Efficiency of DSM-IV Behavioral Indicators for Binge Eating Episodes. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 79, 75-83.
- White, M.A., Kalarchian, M.A., Masheb, R.M., Marcus, M.M., & Grilo, C.M. (2010). Loss of Control over Eating Predicts Outcomes in Bariatric Surgery: A Prospective 24-Month Follow-up Study. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 71(2), 175-84.
- White, M.A., Peters, E.N. & Toll, B.A. (2010). Effect of binge eating on smoking cessation outcomes. Nicotine & Tobacco Research, 12 (11), 1172-1175.
- White, M.A. & Grilo, C.M. (2007). Symptom severity in obese women with binge eating disorder as a function of smoking history. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 40, 77-81.
- White, M.A., Masheb, R.M. Rothschild, B.S., Burke-Martindale, C.H., & Grilo, C.M. (2006). The prognostic significance of regular binge eating in extremely obese gastric bypass patients: 12-month postoperative outcomes. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 67, 1928-1935.