Dialysis; Hemodialysis Units, Hospital; HIV; Hypotension; Kidney Diseases; Kidney Failure, Chronic; Nephrology; Nephrogenic Fibrosing Dermopathy; Drug-Related Side Effects and Adverse Reactions
- Diagnostic utility of urine microscopy in AKI:
Urine sediment utility in distinguishing ATN from prerenal azotemia; Prognostic value of the urine sediment in predicting AKI severity;
- Adverse renal effects of therapeutic agents and other drugs;
- Hypotension in ESRD patients during Hemodialysis:
Role of vasopressin deficiency in intradialytic hypotension (IDH); Utility of midodrine in treatment of IDH; Potential utility of vasopressin in the treatment of IDH
- HIV-related kidney disease:
Diagnosis and management with HAART, Nephrotoxicity of therapeutic agents (HAART); Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis; Treatment with sodium thiosulfate.
Specialized Terms: Diagnostic utility of urine microscopy in AKI; Adverse renal effects of therapeutic agents and other drugs; Hypotension in ESRD patients during hemodialysis; HIV-related kidney disease; Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis
- Perazella MA, Izzedine H. New drug toxicities in the onco-nephrology world. Kidney Int. 2015 Feb 11. doi: 10.1038/ki.2015.30.
- Markowitz GS, Bomback AS, Perazella MA. Drug-Induced Glomerular Disease: Direct Cellular Injury. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015 Apr 10. pii: CJN.00860115. [Epub ahead of print]
- Izzedine H, Perazella MA. Thrombotic Microangiopathy, Cancer, and Cancer Drugs. Am J Kidney Dis 2015 May 2. pii: S0272-6386(15)00543-0. doi: 10.1053/j.ajkd.2015.02.340. [Epub ahead of print]
- Perazella MA. The Urine Sediment as a Biomarker of Kidney Disease. Am J Kidney Dis. 2015 May 2. pii: S0272-6386(15)00607-1. doi: 10.1053/j.ajkd.2015.02.342. [Epub ahead of print]
- Luciano RL, Perazella MA. Crystalline-induced kidney disease: a case for urine microscopy. Clin Kidney J. 2015; 8(2):131-6.
- Markowitz GS, Perazella MA: Acute phosphate nephropathy. Kidney Int 2009 Aug 12 [Epub ahead of print].
- Perazella MA: Renal vulnerability to drug toxicity. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2009;4:1275-83.